Food vendor dies while trying to save colleague from electric shock

An unidentified food vendor in Umuahia, Abia State has reportedly lost her life following an electrocution incident.

According to reports, the unidentified food vendor was reportedly electrocuted in Umuahia, Abia state capital on Thursday.

According to eyewitness present at the scene of the incident, the deceased who was an assistant to the owner of the food stand was reportedly killed while trying to rescue her coworker who was under electrocution.

It was gathered that a high tension cable had fallen on a stake wire attached to an electric pole under which the food vendors were doing their business.

The incident happened at the Michael Okpara square, on club road, few meters away from the Umuahia event centre.

But unknown to them, the first victim who is said to be receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital touched the pole and while under the electric shock cried for help.

Her scream attracted the deceased who went to render help but unfortunately could not survive the electrocution.

Food Vendor
|Photo of the dead food vendor RIP!

It was gathered that she died while being taken to the hospital with a tricycle and her remains was brought back to the food stand and covered with her clothes.


TBoss confirms she has tasted Uche Nwachukwu’s carrot

UNIZIK Deputy Vice Chancellor welcomes quadruplets

Dunamis International Gospel Church allegedly burns down shops of petty traders


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *