Instagram, the photo and video-sharing social platform is fast becoming everyone’s favourite app. From celebrating milestones to sharing moments to building connections and communities, Instagram is here to stay.
Instagram is a suitable platform for finding people and socialising. You can find new friends through hashtags and following accounts of people with same hobby as you. You can also make friends with a follower’s friend.
How to Find Someone’s Instagram Page
1. Search by Name
This seems like the most difficult way of finding one’s Instagram page. Why? Because gazillions of people bears same name on the platform.
Besides, Instagram names may be quite different from people’s actual names.
Even if you indicate the location, it’s like searching for a needle in the middle of the sea.
To find someone, it’s best you search a wider range of options like searching for their username.
2. Find Facebook friends on Instagram
It would be so lovely to find your Facebook friends on Instagram.
While Facebooking, an Instagram user might see pop-up suggestions like “X is your friend from Facebook, would you like to add them?”.
To search for friends from your Facebook contacts, link your Facebook account to your Instagram account.
Doing this will automatically add your Facebook contacts to your Instagram account.
3. Find Someone by Phone number
If you’re an Instagram user, you can simply add contacts from your phone book to your Instagram account. To do this:
- Go to settings on your Instagram page.
- Select “Follow and invite your friends” button. An option will be made available for you to select.
- Tap on the “follow my contacts” button to continue.
- A pop-up menu will appear asking you to allow Instagram app to access your phone book.
- Once permission has been granted, your contacts will be listed and you can now add them one by one.
Note: To find someone on Instagram through phone number, ensure you add the person as a contact on your phone.
Alternatively, you can find your friends by syncing your phone’s contact list. To sync your contact list, do the following:
- Tap on your profile picture located on the bottom right of the screen.
- On your profile page, tap on the three lines in the top right corner to display the settings and menu options.
- Select Discover People and connect your contacts.
- Click on the “Follow” button next to the people you want to follow on your contacts list.
The suggested tab in the menu section can suggest people to follow on Instagram. The suggested list will be according to your likes, interests and current follows.
- Scroll through the list and select the accounts you want to follow.
- Tap on the person’s profile. If the page is protected, you won’t be able to access the person’s profile picture and bio. Once you tap Follow, a request will be sent to the account owner. If the request is approved, then you’re now a follower.
You May Also Like: