Following the paradigm shift in technology, there has been an increase in internet and USSD banking. Through these initiatives, banks continue to gather more customers.
Being one of the banks that started with student accounts, which reduced some other requirements for students to open accounts, others have followed Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) in expanding their customer base.
Apart from this, the USSD banking initiative has also been top-notch as more people continue to o transactions without the need for internet data on their phones.
There are over 25 banks in Nigeria. I will pick some of the foremost ones, explaining how you can transfer money from them to another bank. The traditional ways among all these banks to visit the banking hall, fill a withdrawal slip, or go with your slip filled from home to collect cash.
The same process almost amounts to transfer, with the slip stating transfer from a particular account with the account information like the name and account number to a sender whose information is supplied. So, let’s see a few banks and how their process works with the internet or USSD banking for fund transfer.
How to transfer from GTB to other banks
If you are using USSD banking, dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*2*1000*1234567890#) from your phone, then authenticate the transfer with 737 PIN created, hardware token or last four digits of your GTBank debit card.
Benefits of using GTB USSD banking
- It’s a convenient way to send money
- *737*transfer is available 24/7
- The entire transaction process takes about 10 seconds
- Daily transaction limit of N1,000,000
- Amount (N) Authentication
- 100 – 500,000 737 PIN/Hardware Token Only
- 500,001-1,000,000 Hardware Token Only
- Works with phone numbers registered with GTBank
- Subject to phone network signal
- Money is deducted directly from your GTBank account
- Each transaction requires the last four digit of your Naira MasterCard (Debit card)
- A one-off indemnity is required for transactions above ₦100,000.
How to transfer from Zenith Bank to other banks
Dial *966*Amount*Account Number# (e.g. *966*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with Zenith Bank. The next thing is to follow the on-screen prompts.
How to transfer from First Bank to other banks
Dial *894# and get access to Quick Banking services in a menu-based layout without having to dial the codes.
When dialed, two options are displayed for you to choose from Quick Banking and Firstmonie. To use the former, follow prompts to access the listed services. Not that it is available to FirstBank account holders only.
However, firstmonie is for electronic wallet-based transactions, and it is available to both account holders and non-account holders.
To transfer, dial *894*Amount*Account Number#. The further prompt will give you a drop-down menu about the banks you want to transfer the money to and the amount you wish to transfer.
- Transfers are secured
- It is quick
- It is one of the easiest ways of banking in Nigeria.
- No internet connection is needed.
- You can check your account balance.
- Buying airtime with the First Bank transfer code in Nigeria.
- You can open an account with the USSD code.
- It allows you to pay your bills easily.
How to transfer from UBA to other banks
Dial *919*4*account number*amount# For instance, you dial *919*4*1234510045*2000#. Then you are followed by a prompt that will give you options to take.
How to transfer from Access Bank to other banks
Dial*901*1*Amount*Account Number# from your mobile phone and authenticate with the last 4-digits of your BVN.
Once this is done, you will be supplied with options that will need to confirm that you are the one ordering the transaction. For instance, you must know your debit card pin before the transaction can be approved here.
How to transfer from Union Bank to other banks
The Union bank also has a transfer code, which is *826#, and it is free to register.
To use the Banks USSD service. You must be an account holder before dialing *826# to register. Note that you must dial the code from the number that was officially registered with the company.
The features of this option include:
- Sending money to Union Bank and other banks
- Purchase of airtime for yourself and others
- Checking of your account balance
- Opening of an account
- Pay Bills
For security, you will need to create a transaction pin by dialing 826*5# before you can use it as well.
The listed banks and others have embarked on this as it is seamless and less stressful. All the users need to do is not to share their details with others.