What will you do if Facebook goes down abruptly? Is the glitch particular to you or it’s general? What steps have you taken to resolve the issue? Do you have a plan or strategy? In this article, you’ll get to tell when Facebook is down and what you could possibly do while it’s malfunctioning.
How to know if Facebook is down
1. Check the Facebook Platform Status page. This page gives updates about Facebook; it provides information about Facebook status.
2. Search Twitter for hashtags #facebookdown. If you think you’re the only one experiencing the glitch? Go to twitter and be on the lookout for tweet timestamps to ascertain if other people are also having issues with Facebook. You can also check Facebook’s twitter page for updates just in case Facebook is down. If you can’t access Twitter and other popular sites like YouTube, then the problem might be from your end or with your Internet service provider (ISP).
3. Make use of third-party “status checker” website like Down For Everyone Or Just Me, downrightnow, Downdetector, Is It Down Right Now?, or Outage.Report. If no one else is reporting issues with Facebook, then the problem lies with you. If the facebook status page doesn’t give good report or there’s a hashtag
trending #facebookdown on twitter; this confirms that the social media platform is down.
Is your Facebook down? Here’s 5 things to do
Here are five things to do when Facebook decides to take a recess.
1. Start a blog
Blogging has become a gold mine. Almost everyone wants to start a blog. There are different niches you can explore. Find your niche and start blogging. One way to increase SEO and drive traffic to your webpage is through blogging. Do you own a business? Use this period to educate your audience about upcoming products. Teach your customers hacks they’re not knowledgeable of or share your personal story or unique experiences with them.
2. Build Content
The marketing buzzword “Content is King” has become more relevant than ever before. Use content to connect with your audience, create brand awareness, exhibit your brand’s authority, and build trust. Excellent content will get you noticed for all the right reasons. Ensure you promote your content via social media platforms and e-mail – this will help your ranking on search results.
3. Email marketing
The fact that Facebook is down doesn’t mean social connection can’t go on. Send newsletters to your contacts. Build connections via mail. Have a list of emails for your audience so you can stay in touch even if Facebook closes down for a while. Though email marketing is old fashioned, it’s an effective way to promote your business.
4. Update your social calendar
Since Facebook is temporarily down, now will be the best time to update your social calendar. Schedule the content you’ll be sharing in the next couple of weeks. Use Google Analytics to track the social network with high traffic, most popular content with leads etc.
5. Use other social networks
Facebook isn’t the only social media platforms, there’s a vast number of social networks today. Since Facebook is down, look for an alternative. Instagram is fast becoming people’s favourite. Put yourself out there, create awareness about your brand and business. Though twitter is a smaller network than Facebook, it has a better representation of users. This is a perfect time to explore the micro-blogging site. Let the audience see another side of you. Leverage the platform by holding giveaways, contest and posting funny and interactive memes.