Laliga Suspends Coming Two Rounds Of Fixtures Amidst Coronavirus Concerns
The Laliga has announced that the League has been suspended for the next two rounds of fixtures after all members of Real Madrid were quarantined.
The Spanish giants self-isolated after a member of their basketball team was found to have contracted the COVID-19 illness.
Several games in the Laliga had already been disrupted by Coronavirus fears with some games rescheduled and some others scheduled to be played behind closed doors.
As it stands, it is even more complicated. Real Madrid had to self-isolate after a member of the Real Madrid basketball team who used same facilities as the rest of the football team tested positive to COVID-19.
A statement from Laliga read:
“La Liga has decided given the circumstances that have come to light this morning, such as the quarantine put in place at Real Madrid and possible positive cases at other clubs, to continue with the next phase of the protocol of action against Covid-19.
“In accordance with measures established in the Royal Decree 664/1997 of May 12, it has been agreed that the competition will be postponed for the next two matchdays.
“Said decision will be re-evaluated after the completion of the quarantines undertaken in the affected clubs and in other possible situations that may arise.
“As organiser of the competition, La Liga has communicated the decision to the RFEF, the CSD and the clubs.”
HAVE YOU READ: Leicester Gaffer Rodgers Says Some Leicester Players Are Showing Symptoms Of Coronavirus
Laliga isn’t the only club to be affected by coronavirus concerns. The Serie A has also been shutdown by Italy’s prime minister owing to Coronavirus concerns in the country.
Since then, Juventus defender, Rugani has tested positive to Coronavirus and has self-isolated while Inter Milan have cancelled all their competitive games having played with Juventus only a few days ago.
In England, Arsenal’s encounter with Manchester City was also postponed after some of the Gunners players came in contact with Olympiacos owner who was rumoured to have tested positive to the virus as well.