If you’ve forgotten the email address or phone number associated with your account, you can either try to retrieve it or update your profile with new account information.
Have you lost access to your email account? Your email provider is there to help you regain access to it.
When you log in to your email provider, you’ll see options like forget your password? or trouble signing in? which will act as aids to help you retrieve your email account.
In your quest to regain your account, you might be asked to give answers to security questions, provide a phone number and other information for verification.
What to do If You Forget Your Instagram Login Details
If you can’t access your Instagram account or the email or phone number you signed up with:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or phone number.
- Click Forgot password?
- Tap Need more help?
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request. If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account.
How to Reset Your Instagram Password Using the Website
- Go to the Instagram website www.instagram.com
- Beneath the login field is the Forgot Password link, click on it.
- After that, input the username, email, or phone number associated with your account.
- Next, tap on the “ I’m not a robot” option.
- After passing the security check, click the Reset Password button. An email message will be sent to your email address which include a link to reset your password.
- From there, you’re taken to a page where you’re to enter your new password.
- Retype it to confirm and click on Reset password. Once you click on the click, you’ll be signed in and redirected to your Instagram feed.
Another way to reset your password is by using your Instagram app.
How to Reset Your Instagram Password Using the Android App
Resetting your Instagram password from the App is quite easy. To reset your password, do the following:
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- On the login screen, click on the “Get help Signing in” link just below the sign-in fields.
- Enter the Username, email, or phone number associated with your Instagram account. If you entered a phone number, a code will be sent to you via SMS. If you entered an email address, you’ll receive a confirmation link via email.
- Tap the “Log in As” link or the “Reset Password link”. This redirects you to a password reset page where you’ll input your new password for your Instagram account.
- Enter your new password twice.
- After that, tap the Reset Password button which is located beneath the page. This redirects you to your Instagram feed.
Using iPhone or iPad
- Go to Instagram on your phone or tablet.
- Tap Forgot Password under the login field
- If your Instagram account is linked to your Facebook account, click on the Facebook link to sign in.
- Choose a password reset option. The options are “select a password reset link or verify a code” that will be sent via phone number or email.
- Select Username, type in your Instagram Username.
- Next, choose the partially hidden email address or phone number and click on Send Login Link.
- For the email address option, tap Username, and input your email address in the blank space provided. Tap Next to proceed to the next stage.
- For the phone number option, tap Phone, type in your mobile phone number and tap Next. A verification code will be sent via SMS to your mobile phone.
- Enter the confirmation code in the message sent and tap Next.
- Enter your new password in the password reset blank space given. Re-enter it and tap Reset password.
- Tap the Reset your Instagram password link provided in the mail.
- Click on the link to unveil the password reset blank space where you’ll need to enter your new password.
- Enter the password again and Tap Reset password.
Now, you’re ready to login to your Instagram account.
You May Also Like: