Facebook is one of the world’s largest social networking platforms which has been riddled by privacy infringement issues. Many facebook users have been thronged with scandals, misinformation, tax practices and all hence the need for some deleting their facebook account. Are you one of the people who feels their privacy is being invaded? Or you’re tired of seeing constant Facebook updates? Do you want to take a break or delete your facebook account? This article is just the right one for you.
Do you want to delete your Facebook account? Here are few things to note:
- Once deleted, you won’t be able to regain access to your account.
- Except you have a backup system, you’ll lose all the content added or uploaded on Facebook.
- You won’t be able to use the Messenger.
- People won’t be able to search for you or see your profile picture.
- Messages sent to friends won’t be fully deleted but will remain visible to them.
- Facebook will save your account information peradventure you decide to reactivate your account.
- You won’t be able to access apps linked to your Facebook account via Facebook Login. To gain access, you’ll need to contact the apps and websites to recover those accounts.
Facebook will give you a period of 30 days to rethink your decision and cancel the deletion process if need be. When the grace period expires, your account and all related data will be deleted forever.
Note: All your information will be permanently deleted after 90 days and facebook users won’t be able to access your account.
Prior deletion, you may want to download your Facebook data and information (pictures and posts). To download your Facebook data:
- Tap the three lines towards the right of the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings from the expanded menu.
- Scroll down and tap Download Your Information.
- Untick any info you don’t want saved.
- Tap the Create File button at the bottom of the page.
Once your copy is ready, Facebook will notify you via email.
After the account is deleted, you won’t be able to access the information. So it’s best you have a copy of your facebook data before you proceed with the action.
How to permanently delete your Facebook account
To permanently delete your facebook account:
- Launch your Facebook app
- Tap the three lines at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Scroll down and tap Settings from the expanded menu.
- Scroll down and tap Account Ownership and Control
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Delete Account and tap Continue to Account Deletion.
- Tap Delete Account.
Your Facebook account is now deleted. As simple as ABC.
Copies of your information may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. Facebook may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts.
To cancel your account deletion:
- Log into your Facebook account within 30 days of deleting your account.
- Click Cancel Deletion.
To delete or disable Facebook app on your phone:
You can easily delete Facebook app installed on your phone but if it came pre-installed, you’ll have to go to your phone’s settings to disable the app. To delete installed app, simply hold down on the facebook icon and drag it up to the Uninstall icon.
Let go of the app and tap OK.
You May Also Like: How To Delete Your Twitter Account