- The President commiserates with the family of the victims and prayed for the quick recovery of all those injured.
- Says perpetrators and sponsors of such dastardly acts would be held accountable under the law.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed deep shock and sadness over the death of scores of people in the banditry attacks which occurred on Saturday in three communities in Rabah Local Government Area (LGA) of Sokoto State.
iDONSABI reports that in a simultaneous and coordinated attack, Bandits struck in Rabah and Isa local governments areas of Sokoto State, on Saturday evening and killed over 50 people in five villages.
Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, in a statement said President Buhari, who was briefed about the incident and the arrests made so far by me of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), condoled with the governor, Aminu Tambuwal and the people of the State over the tragic incident.
“President Buhari strongly condemns all acts of violence and terrorism against innocent Nigerians, reiterating that perpetrators and sponsors of such dastardly acts would be held accountable under the law.”
The President, who prayed for the quick recovery of all those injured assured that his administration will not relent in the fight to neutralise terrorists, bandits and kidnappers around the country.